For help and guidance with your finances, there are a number of organisations offering free financial counselling services which could help you.
Money Advice Service
Providing free and impartial money advice and set up by the government, Money Advice Service offers:
- Advice and guides to help improve your finances;
- Tools and calculators to help keep track and plan ahead;
- Support over the phone and online.
Offering free and impartial debt advice, Step Change is a charity that can help you by:
- Providing confidential and expert debt advice and money guidance ;
- Recommending the best solution or service for your individual circumstances;
- Supporting you while you deal with your money worries, for as long as you need our help;
- Campaigning on your behalf to reduce the risk of problem debt and the harm it causes.
Like many lenders we use credit data to help us make decisions and we recommend that you check your credit score online, for example with a credit bureau, to view the records held, and to check your data correctly reflects your circumstances and credit history. You may also find the information they provide on how to improve your credit score useful.
Equifax and Experian are two of the biggest credit bureaux and both provide free credit checks
- Check Your Credit Score | Equifax UK
- Experian | Credit Report, Free Credit Score & Comparison
Cornèrcard is part of Cornèr Group